In our hectic everyday life, feelings often fall by the wayside. We run from one appointment to the next, completing tasks and sometimes losing touch with ourselves in the process. But it is important to pause again and again and consciously take time for our feelings. On the website www.gefuehl.at you will find valuable tips and suggestions on how to open your heart and find time to feel in just 5 minutes. Our emotions are an essential part of our human being. They give us the opportunity to experience joy, love, sadness and other feelings. However, when we distance ourselves from our emotions or suppress them, we can feel blocked inside and experience problems in our lives. Opening the heart allows us to get in touch with our feelings, to accept and process them. It creates space for self-acceptance, connection to others, and a deeper connection to ourselves.
The 5-minute exercise to find time to feel
There is a simple but effective 5-minute exercise to open your heart and get in touch with your feelings. The best way to do this is to follow these steps:
- Step: Find a quiet place: Find a place where you can be undisturbed for a few minutes. This can be a cozy room in your home or a quiet place in nature.
- Step: Breathe deeply in and out: Sit or lie down comfortably and focus on your breath. Breathe deeply into your belly and feel your chest expand. Let go of all tension as you exhale.
- Step: Visualize your heart: Imagine your chest space opening up and being flooded with a warm, golden light. Feel your chest open and your heart fill with love and compassion.
- Step: Feel your emotions: Allow yourself to feel your emotions without judging or analyzing them. Whether joy, sadness or anger, let the emotions come and go as they please. Don’t judge yourself for how you feel.
- Step: Gratitude and self-love: Finish the exercise by pausing for a moment and being grateful for how you feel. Allow yourself to lovingly accept yourself as you are, with all your strengths and weaknesses.
Consciously take time to feel your feelings. Visit www.gefuehl.at for more exercises and inspiration on how to strengthen your emotional intelligence and live in harmony with yourself.